Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Japan Trip - Osaka

I just got back from a trip to Japan. 

Osaka was as busy and noisy as ever. Shops were filled with colourful things. Streets were full of people. Lights were so bright which could keep me wake all night. It seems that the Osaka is getting busier each time we visit.

We stayed at a hotel near the Umeda Station this time, and every night, a bunch of kids on their loud motorbikes was coming through. Every night, we heard police cars, fire engines, and ambulances going off to their duties, probably all chasing those kids on the motorbikes.

The hustle and bustle of Umeda and Namba were seemingly exciting for my travel companions. I was already tired of the crowds, shopping, and flashy neon signs by the second night, and I was ready to travel to somewhere quiet to find my peace. 


大阪は、訪れる度に賑やかになっている気がする。

おしゃれな店やレストランも東京と何ら変わりはなく、どこも買い物客でいっぱい。表通りには、外国人観光客の団体さん。裏通りに行けば、飲み屋とタバコの匂い。ピカピカのネオンの下を騒ぎならがら歩くサラリーマンの群れ。ホテルの窓からは、東京ではとっくに絶命したはずの暴走族のバイクのエンジン音や、消防車と救急車のサイレンが度々聞こえてくる。

色んな物が混ざったごった煮状態。このゴチャゴチャな感じは、去年行ったパリにどこか似ていると思った。




























No comments:

Post a Comment