Saturday, 23 April 2016

Japan Trip - Onomichi

It was my first time to visit a small port town of Onomichi. 

Onomichi was a lovely town. I spent many days of my youth around port towns, and the smell of the sea, dried fish, and diesel fuel from fishing boats, all brought back my childhood memory. After strolling through the town, we took a cablecar to the top of the hill. The view of the Onomichi Waterway from Senkoji temple was also quite nostalgic.

We walked through a number of alleyways and backstreets while we were walking back from the hill. It was one of those places where I was having fun just exploring the streets.

Onomichi is a very popular place among local cyclists as people can go over bridges all the way to  the Island of Shikoku. I would like to revisit Onomichi with my Brompton to do that.

今回の旅で一番良いと思った場所は、尾道。

駅から千光寺行きのロープウェイまで、海を見ながら歩いて行った。少年期を海の近くで過ごしたので、尾道の海や干物や船外機のディーゼルの香りがとても懐かしく感じた。

千光寺からの眺めは、美しかった。町全体が統一された、ヨーロッパの町のポストカードの様な綺麗さでない。様々な色や形の家と建物が入り乱れた森羅万象の様子は、人々の生活が感じられる温かみのある風景に思えた。
































No comments:

Post a Comment